Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some Halloween Crafts

I am apologizing in advance for the quality of these photos. Our computer is still broken, (waiting for a part to come in the mail) so I can't process any of my digital camera photos. These photos are from my camera phone and it has very poor resolution. Anyway, I thought that sharing something was better than nothing :)

Slime
This has been on my list for a while and Halloween seemed like a great time to try it. It was amazingly easy and turned out perfectly slimy.


I got the slime recipe from here:
In a bowl dissolved 1 tsp of Borax in 1 cup of water. In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup of white glue (Elmer's) in 1/2 cup of water, also you can add some food coloring if desired.. When both bowls are well mixed simply combine them together and your slime starts to form instantly. Continue mixing as long as possible, you can take it out and knead it with your hands. There will be some water left in the bowl, just dump it out. Your slime is ready to play with. Store you slime in a sealed container or zip lock bag.

Frankenstein

This idea for super cute toilet paper roll Frankenstein I saw on No Time For Flash Cards. Alex painted a tp roll green. I cut a jagged strip of black construction paper for hair and Alex glued it on. He also glued on a orange nose and some googly eyes. I punched some holes in the sides and Alex added some golf tees as bolts. We drew on a mad looking mouth.

We have been reading a lot of great Halloween books

No comments:

Post a Comment