Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Playhouse Redo

A couple months ago we bought Alex a used very inexpensive playhouse on Craigslist. It was a few years old and a little faded. We decided to give it a makeover.
I took it apart and masked off the trim with painters tape. I wanted the trim to stay the tan color.


I used Krylon Fusion for Plastic spray paint. It only came in a limited number of colors at our local store so I decided to paint the roof brown, the siding green, the chimney red and the shutters tan. It only took a couple hours to paint everything, it dries to touch in 15 minutes and it becomes chip resistance in 7 days. It really brightened up the house and we were very happy with the outcome.


It is missing the door, so we need to find a solution to fix that. We also plan on adding a mail box and making a little log fence around his playhouse very soon.

10 comments:

  1. Very cute, I didn't know there was paint for plastic out there. I would love to give ours a makeover. It would make it new again and the kids would probably enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I'm going to look into painting some of our plastic outdoor toys - thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this exact same playhouse! I am so loving the new look. The idea of a fence is precious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great redo!! I knew you could paint plastic, but I love how you used more then one color. You were able to make it more a 'boys' club house this way, too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome - what a great way to save money! I like to be frugal as well - I want to share this idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I think I will be doing that soon. We took the door off of ours so little fingers no longer get pinched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great - good to know it's fairly easy to give these a facelift! I like this look even better than the original

    Thanks for sharing this on the Sunday Showcase - hope to see you this week.

    Bern
    http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to know the solution you used for the door. I just bought one with the intent for a makeover but ours is missing the door also

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been awhile how is the paint holding up? I saw on one can not to use on little tikes play structures so I've been afraid to try!

    ReplyDelete